Trupti Swain MD, PhD
Proffessor and Head of the Department, SCB Medical College
Field of Expertise
SCB Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack-753007, Odisha
Research Publications : International - 21
National - 15
Chapters in books - 2,
Nodal Officer : Standard Treatment guidelines of Orissa 2006 & 2017
WHO Fellowship : on “Information Education and communication for Health” by Ministry of Public Health, Nonthemburi, Thailand in 2009
Convenor cum Nodal Officer, WHO Project on “Drug pricing and availability Study of Children’s Medicine in Orissa
Presented paper in International conference on improving use of medicines
(ICIUM, 2011) held at Turkey, Antalya 14-18 November 2011.
Attended World Pharma 2010 as guest panellist, in the workshop “Conducting Paediatric Clinical trials in Low and medium income countries” held in Copenhagen,Denmark,July 17-23 ,2010
Represented India in a Consultative meeting of an informal working group on
Extemporaneous formulations of medicines for children. Convened by UNICEF, at Copenhagen July 2010
Member of IUPHAR Subcommittee for Developing Countries
Editor of a book in Oriya language “Roga byadhi o Chikistha” a WHO funded project on "Rational use of medicines"
Executive committee member of “CDMU Orissa”, NGO working in the field of “Rational use of Medicines”
Editorial board member of “Indian Journal of Pharmacology”
Ex Vice president of Indian Pharmacological society.
Ex General Secretary, Indian Pharmacological society, Odisha chapter
Done six episodes of All India Radio programme on Rational Use of Drugs
- Best Paper Prize in free paper session (16) in "The XXVIIth Annual Conference of Indian Pharmacological Society" held at Bombay in December 1994.
- Prof. M.C. Mishra Memorial Award for the best original article published in the Orissa Medical Journal during the year 1995.
- International Award: Servier Young Investigator’s Award instituted by Institute de Recherches Internationales Servier, France, at International congress on frontiers in Pharmacology & Therapeutics in 21st century, December 1-4, 1999.
- WHO scholarship holder for attending International Training course on Rational use of Drugs held at Jaipur, 2004
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Indian Pharmacological Society
- Society of Pharmacovigilance of India (SOPI)
- Indian Medical Association